Fire Safety Training
Fire training for your employees is a legal requirement. The level of training depends on the results of your fire risk assessment. Guidance on training needs can be found in the provisions of the Regulator Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. We are able to give advice on your specific training needs and a training solution that will help you comply with the current legislation.
Fire training should be delivered at the location where your delegates are based if possible. This ensures it reflects the fire risk profile of your premises and takes account of your specific fire procedures including your emergency plan. All UK Fire Training courses are delivered at our clients’ sites and we use a pre-course consultation phase to ensure all aspects of the training meets clients’ expectations.
All employees need a certain level of training and information. As a minimum, new starters need a basic induction which covers the alarm system, emergency procedures and means of escape from the building. Staff need to know what type of firefighting equipment you have on the premises and the safety considerations of their use. Fire training must also take account of the role that each person performs and the level of fire safety responsibility they are given.
The role of the Fire Marshal (or Fire Warden) carries a number of specific responsibilities which can vary from one company to another. Specific training tailored to these roles should be given to all Fire Marshals and this should include practical fire extinguisher tuition and practice. Their role in an evacuation is vitally important to the safety of all building occupants and this topic must be explored in detail with reference to company emergency procedures.
It is essential that all fire training is repeated on a regular basis. Our courses are certificated for up to 3 years depending on your company policy on the topic.
Fire Extinguisher Training
This 2 hour IFE approved course helps your staff to meet the obligations in the Reform Order on the “use of firefighting equipment”. Content includes:
- 1. The correct identification of fire extinguisher types including signs and colour bands
- 2. Normal features of fire extinguishers
- 3. The correct selection of extinguishers for different types of fire
- 4. The methodology and safe handling issues involved in the use of fire extinguishers
- 5. Practical demonstration and use of extinguishers by delegates
This course can include a “live fire” session where the trainer utilises a purpose built “gas simulator” unit for training purposes. This safe and educational training aid gives delegates a more realistic and interesting experience which can lead to improved confidence in a real fire situation. This equipment is fully insured and risk assessed.
Fire Marshal training
This IFE approved course is designed for staff who areappointed to the role of Fire Marshal (or Fire Warden).
Our training courses include the following aspects:
- 1. Fire safety regulations
- 2. The economic effects of fires on business
- 3. The chemical processes that result in fire including the fire triangle
- 4. Most common causes of fire in the workplace
- 5. Emergency evacuation procedures (including PEEPS)
- 6. Human behaviour in fire and emergency situations
- 7. Fire protection equipment in buildings (alarms, fire doors, emergency lighting etc)
- 8. Fire extinguisher training (Theory and practice including “live fire” if required)
- 9. Fire safety record keeping
- 10. The role of the Fire Marshal
- 11. Liaising with the Fire Service
Fire Safety Awareness training
This IFE approved course is designed for staff who are not appointed to the role of Fire Marshal but still require a good general level of fire safety awareness over and above the Fire Extinguisher course. This is a 3 hour course with elements from the Fire Marshal course above
The Regulatory Reform Order did away with the need for a Fire Certificate in favour of a Fire Risk Assessment. All companies employing 5 or more staff must have a Fire Risk Assessment carried out by a “Competent Person”. This assessment is based on a methodical analysis of your premises and the hazards contained herein. The assessment must identify hazards and reduce the risk of these hazards causing harm to as low a level as possible. It must identify people at risk and set out the range of fire prevention and protection measures that are required to manage the residual risk.
We offer a full Fire Risk Assessment service involving appointing a consultant to carry out a full audit of your business and subsequently producing a detailed report and action plan for your use.
UK Fire Training can also train your own staff to complete a Fire Risk assessment or to implement the assessment of another person. We can also assist in the creation of emergency plans and other procedures.
Our aim is to provide all of the assistance you need to comply with UK fire regulation and to make your workplaces as safe from fire as possible.
Fire Safety training for staff is a legal requirement in the UK under the Fire Safety Order 2005. We aim to help you meet your obligations with a range of quality training and consultancy services available nationally.
This site will help you to select services that are right for you. You will also find free fire safety information and a member’s area with even more free services. Our Facebook and Twitter pages are constantly updated.
We specialise in the delivery of on-site (at your premises) staff fire training on a UK-wide basis. Courses aim to help you comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Many courses are IFE approved and prices start at under £20 per delegate.
With a national network of over 50 ex-Fire Service tutors training over 10,000 delegates per annum and an ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System, you can be sure of an excellent service. Courses are tailored and our clients range from small businesses to the largest blue-chip PLC's including; Barclays, British Gas, Hard Rock Café, Harvey Nichols, Shell, the London Stock Exchange and DHL.
|Enquire Now||Ask an Expert||Free Logbook|
- The fire extinguisher training helps your staff meet the obligations in the Reform Order on the use of fire fighting equipment. 2 hours ago
- Enquiries? Feel free to contact UK Fire Training on 0800 216764 3 hours ago
- We have been trading since 2004. http://t.co/MhcwTX2MKQ 17 hours ago
- Ever seen UK Fire Training's advanced fire warden courses? Take a peek at our site today: http://t.co/MhcwTX2MKQ 19 hours ago
- We offer health & safety training covering wide sectors of trade & industry via our sister company. http://t.co/MhcwTX2MKQ 22 hours ago
- Our courses are frequently changing to stay relevant and reflects concerns of our individual learners. http://t.co/MhcwTX2MKQ 22 hours ago
- Our fire safety courses are approved by the Institution of Fire Engineers. This independent approval is guarantee of consistent quality. yesterday
- Make sure your fire procedures are in line with current regulations. Look no further than us for assistance. http://t.co/MhcwTX2MKQ` yesterday
- #Download our free health & safety info from our web site. More documentation available when you register with us. http://t.co/MhcwTX2MKQ yesterday
- Have a glance at our web page to see the UK Fire Training fire drill training courses. http://t.co/MhcwTX2MKQ yesterday